Monday 22 September 2014

July jollies


Following on with my montage of paddling, I’m now on July.
This should have been a fairly quiet start to the month paddling wise for me as I had been abandoned. Hubby dear was off for a wee jaunt round St Kilda – without me!!!
So what does an abandoned paddler do? Why go paddling of course! Tuesday evening was a loch session, Wednesday evening a sea session, Thursday was a beginners trip for LSKC out under the bridges, round and back again.
Dried my kit on Friday!

At the put in, Pitlochry
Saturday I had a lovely OC trip down the Lower Tummel from Pitlochry down to Ballinluig with Kirkcaldy Kayaker.  It was great getting 1 to 1 coaching, lots of ferry / reverse ferry gliding, setting and surfing and all in roasting sunshine, finished off with a large ice cream – yum!
Stand up paddle surfing



A St Kilda puffin
Hubby dear came home that evening complete with a puffin for me!
 
CWW waiting for high tide?
Simon going off the wall

Sploosh

CWW's turn
Next morning, we were off to Stanley for a wee play in the river boats. It’s a while since I’ve been out in the river boats, still it was good being out even if I was a bit wary as to whether the old roll was going to act up or not. A wee try at the beginning of the day worked well, whereas a wee try at the bottom of Thistlebrig worked, but not with such “flair!”
Taily time

Bow stalling


  Stanley one day, Bass rock the next!


Later in the month we had a lovely evening trip out past Inchcolm, on to Oxcars, then across to Inchmickery, where we sat drifting and watching the Puffins for a while – I can never get enough of Puffins!


The month was finished off with a lovely evening trip out from Kinghorn - we really have had some cracking weather this summer!
Extreme dressing, Young Trevor looking for a dunking or just being a boil in the bag?


Lots of sea urchins and starfish

Heading back to Kinghorn


 

No comments:

Post a Comment